Friday 10 August 2012

Olympic Braid Mani

It's still Olympic fever here in the UK and I was lucky enough to get tickets to see the quarter finals of the basketball. I thought I'd do a mani using Team GB colours and I've been seeing some awesome braid mani's so I thought I'd try one out! I used an awesome tutorial from Lucy's Stash which you can find here.

For this mani I used a base coat of OPI Into the Night. This is from the Spiderman collection, I really hadn't been too excited about this colour to be honest but when I put it on it is actually beautiful. The polish is almost lit from within if that makes sense. I might do another post about it later because it really is special. I then used OPI DS Radiance and A-England Percival for the braids. The OPI prowide brush was a little fat for this so when I do another one of these I think I'll use a different brand.

Anyway, I loved this mani so I hope you like it too.







Of course I thought you'd like to see some pictures at the basketball too so here you go!




Look how HUGE these guys are!!

We were lucky to get great seats and the French womens' basketball team came to watch their male counterparts - I guess in fact my mani ended up supporting France as GB weren't playing but look at the ladies nails - I was sneekily trying to take pictures.....

It was a great day and we even ended up on the Kiss Cam at half time! I'm going to be sad when it's all over although there's the paralympics to look forward to yet..... and we've got opening tickets!!

2 comments:

  1. I love your mani and looks like you had a good time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had an awesome time - we also have tickets for the paralympics opening ceremony. I'm so excited. I'll have to think up a mani for that too!

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting. I took off the annoying verification thing so I thought I better add some moderation to avoid spam messages, you know what the internet is like!

Anyway, it's great to get comments and I'll verify them as soon as they get to me.
x