Wednesday 26 December 2012

Boxing Day Mani - KBShimmer Wrappers Delight, Glitzology Snow Day and Layla Cermamic Effect Killing Red

Happy Boxing Day!

Do you know what boxing day actually is? I thought it was the day we 'boxed' up our gifts, were lazy and ate leftovers from the day before and in the last few years started with the sales again. However I did a little research and found that boxing day was traditionally the day that tradesmen came to collect 'Christmas boxes' of money or goods as thanks for their services throughout the year and also the day that servants had off to spend with their own families, they would take boxes of gifts and/or leftover food with them.

Anyway, I did get some polishes for Christmas, our birthday group had a secret santa which I got to open yesterday and waiting inside was Glitzology Snow Day and Layla Ceramic Effects Killing Red (53). I love them both and had to use them immediately!

For this mani I used 2 coats of Essie Marshmallow on the middle and ring finger with a coat of Glitzology Snow Day on the top and 2 coats of Layla Killing Red. Just to Christmas it up a bit, and because I needed to use this polish before the season ends, I used KBShimmer Wrappers Delight as an accent on the ring finger.

All polishes had a great formula I did find Snow Day a bit think and I will add some thinner next time I use it. I have 3 Glitzology polishes on their way to me from the recent sale so I'm interested to see how they compare.

I really liked this mani and the green/blue shimmer in Snow Day is beautiful, I didn't manage to capture it all on camera but if you don't already have a similar polish to this I would certainly recommend it! To top it off I used one coat of HK Girl topcoat and it was pretty smooth.




Can you see those little bubbles? I really don't know how they got there. Maybe I layered my topcoat on a bit too think? But can you see that shimmer? So pretty!


Flakies!!!

Isn't this just the most Christmassy polish? I also love that Christy gave the proceeds from this polish to Toys for Tots so really this was a charity contribution!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting. I took off the annoying verification thing so I thought I better add some moderation to avoid spam messages, you know what the internet is like!

Anyway, it's great to get comments and I'll verify them as soon as they get to me.
x